Why choose wall-mounted"
If you have one or more rooms without exterior walls or windows, a wall-mounted ductless split system will work beautifully. The indoor air handler is sleek, unobtrusive and quiet. You need only a 2" clearance from the ceiling, so you'll have lots of placement options. All systems come with a remote control, so even units high on the wall are easy to operate. There's also an optional wired, wall-mounted controller for models over 18000 Btu. See the full range of wall-mounted ductless split systems .
Choose from single-zone cooling models, single-zone heat pumps that cool and heat, and multizone heat pumps that individually cool and heat multiple rooms.Cool and heat up to four zones
Like other ductless models, a wall-mounted system consists of an outdoor condensing unit and 1-4 indoor air handlers connected by refrigerant and electrical lines that run through a 3" opening in an exterior wall. This system requires a licensed HVAC technician to connect the lines between the indoor and outdoor components.
Single-zone cooling: This system has one outdoor condenser and one indoor air handler that cools one room. The new 115V models have cooling capacities of 9000 and 12000 Btu, and the 230/208V models range from 18000 to 33000 Btu.
Single-zone heat pumps: This system has one outdoor condenser and one indoor air handler that cools and heats one room. Cooling capacities range from 8500 to 22000 Btu, and heating capacities range from 10000 to 27600 Btu.
Multizone heat pumps: This system has one outdoor condenser and up to four indoor air handlers that cool and heat individual rooms. Each indoor unit is separately controlled for customized comfort settings, and units can be turned off in unoccupied rooms to save energy. Multizone systems are available in numerous configurations, with total system capacities between 18000 and 36000 Btu. Please consult Specifications by Model for details.The advantages of Inverter Technology
Friedrich wall-mounted ductless split systems feature variable speed compressors and fans (called Inverter Technology), which reach the desired temperature faster, maintain it more accurately and reduce energy consumption with fewer compressor startups.
Our wall-mounted ductless split systems can cool and cool/heat 1-4 zones. Multizone systems let occupants independently set the temperature for individual comfort. Units in unoccupied rooms can be turned off to save energy.
Hard-to-find 115V 9000 and 12000 Btu/h models are available. Capacities up to 3 tons.Available in cooling-only and cooling plus heat pump models
- Cooling from: 8500-33000 Btu
- Heating: 10000-27600 Btu
- LCD remote for each indoor unit
- 24-hour timer and sleep timer
- Automatic, cooling, fan and heating* modes
- 4 fan speeds heating* or cooling, including a "quiet" setting
- Continuous Air Sweep'
- Auto-restart after power interruptions
- Auto-shut flaps close when unit is off for a sleeker appearance
- Washable, reusable air filters
- Removable front grille
- Low ambient operation
- Secured remote control holder
- 4 different transmitter codes to prevent unintentional interference with nearby units
- Optional wired, wall-mounted controller available for models rated 18000 Btu or higher
* Heat pump models only
- Heat pump system includes four 8800 BTU/h indoor unit and a single 36,000 BTU/h outdoor unit. SEER rating 15.0
- No expensive, messy and disruptive duct construction.
- Unlike traditional window air conditioners, ductless split systems leave window views unobstructed. And, because these are permanent installations, there is nothing to remove or store over the winter.
- Exceptional energy efficiency is the result of high tech Inverter Technology. Systems use only the power they need to reach the desired set point. Turn off units in unoccupied rooms to save even more.
- Ductless systems keep the operating noise of the condenser unit outdoors.
- Auto-swing louvers and air sweep operation keep cool air cirulating throughout the room.
- Auto-shut flaps maintain a sleek appearance when the unit is not running.
- Wireless remote controls with 24-hour timer and sleep timer for independent operation of each indoor unit allows easy operation regardless of where you choose to place your indoor units.
- Washable, reusable air filters.
- Removable front grilles for easier maintenance.
- Heat pump models automatically change over to heating when needed to maintain desired room temperature.
- 4 fan speeds plus auto-fan for extra comfort
|Cooling Capacity (Btu/hr)
|Heating Capacity (Btu/hr)
|Energy Star Qualified
|Max. Line Length
||unit 82 total 230
|Max. Height Difference
|Max. Total Draw Fuse/Breaker
|Power Cord Length
||295 cubic feet per minute
|Est. Yearly Operating Costs
|Operating Temperatures (Cooling, °F)
|Operating Temperatures (Heating, °F)
||AHRI, ETL, cETL
||AHRI, ETL, cETL
Energy Star Rated:
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.